Experiencing domestic violence is one of the most traumatic and devastating things that can happen to anyone. Get the support, legal advice and representation you need by contacting the expert lawyers at Stacks.
If you have been a victim of domestic violence, and wish to make a report or take further legal action, then Stacks domestic violence law specialists are ready to come to your assistance and take on your case. We provide all the guidance and advice you need, and will treat your case with the utmost professionalism, respect and confidentiality. We’re more than your legal partner - we’re here to support you through this difficult time. Stacks Law Firm has had decades of experience dealing with domestic violence cases and are here to help you through what is undoubtedly a difficult and uncertain time for you.
Domestic violence is an area of law which is changing constantly, with the government passing new laws frequently to help protect victims and potential victims of domestic violence. All laws related to domestic violence are governed by the Family Law Act 1975.
The professionals at Stacks Law Firm can assist you with:
- Compiling and filing your report to police, to ensure all relevant information is included right from the start, preventing any pitfalls later on.
- Advising on any potential flow-on effects which may arise as a result of making a domestic violence report.
- Taking out an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) or a Domestic Violence Order (DVO).
- Dealing with domestic violence situations where children are involved.
- Advising and representing you in any onward proceedings as a result of a domestic violence case, for example, resulting in Separation or Divorce proceedings.
Remember that you do not have to be a victim of domestic violence to take legal action - Even if you are fearful of potential violence and abuse being committed against you by someone that you know, then the law is here to help.
Approachable, professional and friendly
We know that getting in touch with a lawyer about a domestic violence issue can be daunting and intimidating. Our lawyers are all highly approachable and easy to talk to, so there’s no need to worry about discussing any details of your situation with them. They will answer any and all questions you may have.
Need legal assistance and advice with a domestic violence matter? Call us today